Schuster the Easy Way

We all love cobbler. It is a favorite of scouts and guides. They make it in a Dutch oven with Bisquick ® or on the floor and baking powder, as the dough. They are glowing coals on the Dutch oven lid and leave it for an hour or so to bake. Yes, they do put some fruit in the stuff, usually from a can. From my experience, no matter how the shoemakers made is that the Dutch oven, you're willing to eat it and say that it is delicious.

Last night I was craving someSchuster. I sprang from my chair and pushed into the kitchen TV and started to cook. I had never made cobbler before in this way, but I knew it would be wonderful, that was it. It was very easy, because I keep a few things around the house in case I have a kitchen fit come on. Here's what I've used and what you need, when you make this dish, decide for yourself:

2-canned peaches or other fruit.

1-piece of brown sugar (well, using a spoon, but mine is always soRock).

1 shake of cinnamon.

1-tube of cinnamon roll dough, which I deeply in my fridge.

Drop the fruit into a saucepan. Use a larger pan, so you have more space.
Now add some cinnamon and brown sugar.
And best of all, make the glaze from your package of cinnamon roll dough and press it into the fruit mixture. (Of course you can lick your fingers.)
Give the fruit mixture a stir.

Bring the mixture to a strong boil. Place the cinnamon rollsout of the dough on the top tube of the boiling mixture. I suggest you fall softly, so that it does not burn your pinkies. Slap the lid on the pan, put your timer for 20 minutes and keeps good cook 20 minutes. You may have seen the boil and reduce the heat, as it cooks. So do not let it boil over and spread the sticky mess all over the stove. Lift the lid during cooking. The head must be in the top of the cinnamon rolls.

After 20 minutes, ISimply pull the pot off the burner, or I close off the burner and let it cool with the lid on. The fact is that if you let it sit, it gets even better. Schuster's why I had last night, but also in the morning before breakfast. Yes, that makes me hungry Schuster, so I included a cheese omelet.

It is very good.

An update Dumpling

As you know, I've tried to make dumplings, similar to that of Mrs. Mullins, made my Swedish neighbor when I was a boy. I have the dough from scratch andI used chilled dough from the grocery Don. Croissant dough makes a pretty good balls but I stretched my memory of the dumplings from Mrs. Mullins and came with a very close match. Here's how I made it:

I took a tube of buttermilk biscuit dough and rolled the dough into balls. Then I added dried parsley, oregano, and Basel and worked them into the dough. Then to make happy my wife, or so I thought I worked a little grated cheese and, in the mix. My theory was that at leastI would have dumplings with cheese flavor, which would like my cheese-loving woman.

I have a chicken and it was boiling. Then I put the balls up and the lid is important that all 20-minute boil without the lid while cooking.

When they were cooked, I had a close match to dumplings Mrs. Mullins. The taste was there, and the texture was there. But they had no cheese flavor at all. What did the cheese, was to give the dumplings, which was in the textureMrs. Mullins' Dumplings!

I am a very lucky man!

The End

Copyright © 2007 John Taylor Jones, Ph.D. (Taylor Jones the Hack Writer)



0 comments